Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Truth About It All: A Piece of Italy In The Heart of Houston

Just the other day I found myself super hungry and wanting something healthy. Then I remembered I previously passed by this little place called Cafe Dolce Gelato an Italian ice cream/sandwhich place. I got curious and instead of opting for chick fil a I went there instead. After a few minutes of eyeing the menu which is filled with great variety,I decided to get their house salad. A salad so simple, but oh soo delicious. The salad had baby spinach, romaine lettuce, roma tomatoes, pesto cheese, black olives, red onion, and an Italian olive oil dressing they make right there. And to compliment the food an rasberry italian soda. Today during lunch rush, after being pleasantly pleased with how good the salad was the first time, I decided to return for more. I had in mind getting the same salad but after looking at the menu once more I decided to opt for their Salami Pesto Crepe not knowing what a treat I was in for. As I walked up to the counter to place my order in the crowded space between the tables I was cordially greeted this time by the owner Josh Collier. He was very kind and friendly. It was right there clear that he is dedicated to his business and likes to see that everything is going correctly, he was so kind as to go around to the tables asking everyone how the food was and if they needed anything. From a distance I watched him make the crepe and before I knew it he brought it to my table at a glance the crepe looked simple, but in a mysterious way. Around the crepe placed were  a few grapes, blueberries and a single perfectly looking strawberry. This is a place that I will definitely go to soon once again. Needless to say the crepe was delicious ! :) If you guys are inside the Galleria go into Cafe Dolce Gelato, you wont disappointed. xx -Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment