Monday, July 17, 2017

The Truth About It All: 5 Things I've Learned This Year





 

Love Yourself: Learning to love yourself leaves so much room for more positive things. In having that self appreciation you will be more confident in everyday life as well as many decisions you will have to make. Loving myself was something I had to learn this past year more than ever, and it has helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel for those difficult days when you just cannot adult.


Enjoy The Little Things: I never knew that taking an entire day to disconnect from my phone, and just walking around downtown with my camera and my thoughts could bring so much peace and clarity. The perfect companion for these adventures... my to go cup of coffee. I got to capture so much of the city, and the see people going about their day, as well as running into random people who have my same interests.

Learn To Let Go: This year I let go of more than one thing that was holding me back, most of these things had a lot of negative energy behind them. There was some resentment, miscommunication, among other things. But there came a time when I realized how much all of these things were affecting my everyday well being so I learned to leave things in the past, to forgive, and most importantly to let go and begin again.

Be Adventurous: I learned to focus on spending time alone exploring the city (Houston is so big). Going to the museum, art exhibits, and sitting at the park or Starbucks people watching and writing with my headphones on have brought back my inspiration which had been suffering for quite some time. I never knew that taking an entire day to disconnect from my phone, and just walking around downtown with my camera and my thoughts could bring so much peace and clarity. The perfect companion for these adventures... my to go cup of coffee.

Be Authentic: I've always been my truest self, and most people love the kind of person I am, I guess that explains why I can have many friends and people I stay in contact with. But for a while I boxed my personality up, and metaphorically shoved it in the back of the closet. I even began to lose self esteem. Until one day I was sitting and writing, and realized I felt like I was becoming someone I did not like. I started to embrace who I am, mistakes and all. I could not and will not be a shell of a person.

So I am back, my quirkiness, my laughter, positivity, drive to do what I aspire to be, to wear my hair curly or straight. Most of all I've learned those who truly love you will be there no matter what and that is all that matters.



 
                                                       Shoes

                                                      Similar Dress    Similar Clutch








4 comments:

  1. Love the dress and all of the things you've learned are really wonderful! A great reminder to live life to its fullest and enjoy every little moment! Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of the hardest but most powerful life lessons to learn is "letting go". It's amazing how your quality of life develops from it and how you respond to situations with it. I think it's been my favorite life lesson to learn thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look pretty in your dress and so inspiring to read the lessons you've learned this year. We are constantly growing and we have to love ourselves to love others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty dress! You look great

    ReplyDelete