Monday, June 29, 2015

The Truth About It All: Toad Road

About two weeks ago I was in Albuquerque again. Downtown Albuquerque to be specific, in my opinion there is nothing much to do in downtown Albuquerque. So I decided to look more down the street, and ended up in a part of Albuquerque known as Nob Hill. Nob Hill consists of bars, and shops.. since I wasn't there to go bar hoping or anything like that instead I went looking for what was good when it came to fashion.
There weren't a lot of options seeming that most of the stores there had bad reviews specially when it came to customer service, and since I was looking for something different I called Toad Road. And this is was the best thing I did while I was in Albuquerque. The small but big in presence store is ran and owned by a mother and son. They have been going strong for ten years, all because they decided to be different from all the other stores and instead of only doing clothing for women they started off as only mens clothing then quickly realized they would be better balanced as a business by doing both men and womens clothing. As soon as I walked in I was pleasantly surprised by the big selection of hats and the art that was on all the walls. Although all  the art is not painted on but also hung. All the art is from local artists that have moved on to doing other things aside from art. The store has now become one of my favorite, the selection of clothing can accommodate many different styles. If I lived in Abq this would definitely be my go to store. If you live in the area and have yet to check them out do so now! Promise you are missing out if you're not shopping there, I took a few pictures of the place, and of the styles they had in store.  What do you guys think? Yay or Nay?
xx -Steph











1 comment: