Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Truth About It All: New beginnings


I feel like I have repeated myself so many times by now, only to realize that I didn't need to do so because I believed in what i felt and knew and that alone was enough to help me through without letting fear ever become the voice over my shoulder.
It is official I am getting old... tomorrow Sunday I will no longer be a teen, and although for the most part I seemed to have matured faster than I thought, I still had things to work out big things, and I still have things to work on (there is always room for improvement) Thinking back to 2015 it seems like a big blur, and the moments I do remember some very good others very bad. The very bad ones could have been avoided in many occasions but we all make bad decisions, and we learn.. I learned a lot, and I am beginning to see things much clearly than before in my personal and professional life. Turning 20 seems like a scary thing I have this jolt in my stomach if you can call it that.. and it's telling me that from now on there should only be room for improvement, and that stupid mistakes will only slow me down I need to be focused. Love seems like a big part of what drives me in my professional and personal life. If something lacks love it that much more difficult to understand,to do and to be around. I love all the people in my life who have been there always for me or who at one point or another but a lot of the time I struggle with my reactions when it seems like they should be on my side and agree with me. I get angry at times or obsessed with my opinion and beliefs about things, but that doesn't mean that I love them less.. Lately I have been learning to catch those moments when I could overreact and have sat back and analyzed things before saying things. I have been spending a lot of my free time behind my camera taking pictures of food,etc. and now that I have a tripod it seems like I will be spending even more time taking pictures (we will see). The year has started pretty smooth and hopefully for my birthday it will continue that way, I am looking forward to a new year full of new and exciting challenges that will help improve who I am. Check out my Instagram to stay updated on my photography and fashion snaps when I'm not writing here or contributing as featured blogger one FASHJE.
xx -Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment